The practice test includes a few short activities (also called tasks) to introduce you to our recorder. It’s also an opportunity to show off your ability to share your thoughts and ideas.
NOTE: Because you only receive payments in return for the feedback you provide to customers, you won't receive any compensation for the practice test you submit as part of your application.
Learn what to expect:
Before the test
TIP: You need to create your UserTesting account before you can begin your practice test. Learn how to get started from your computer.
- When you’re ready to start the practice test, click the Take practice test button on your applicant checklist. Learn more about the applicant checklist.
- Before you can start the practice test, you need to give the recorder access to your screen and microphone. Follow the onscreen instructions to allow these permissions.
- View the animated tutorial to learn how to switch between the test instructions and the test website.
- When you’re ready to begin the test, review the final reminders and then click Start recording.
During the test
You’ll complete a set of tasks that require you to explore our Contributor Support Center. You should approach the test as if you had visited the Support Center on your own and you'd like to find new information or answers to questions you have about UserTesting.
Remember to think out loud, speak loudly and clearly, and complete each task to the best of your ability.
To learn more about how the test will work, review how to use the Seamless Desktop Recorder.
After the test
- Once you submit your practice test, it'll be ready for review!
- We'll carefully review your test and then let you know about the results of your application in a couple of days. So keep an eye on your inbox!
You can also view the status of your practice test from the applicant checklist. When your test is still under review, an In review badge will display on the Take a practice test tile.
- When the Quality Team has reviewed and approved your practice test, this step will be marked as Done on your checklist.
If you don't pass the practice test the first time, you'll have one more chance to try again.