The practice test includes a few short activities (also called tasks) to introduce you to our recorder. It’s also an opportunity to show off your ability to share your thoughts and ideas.
Learn what to expect:
Before the test
TIP: You need to download the UserTesting mobile app and create your UserTesting account before you can begin your practice test. Learn how to get started on your mobile device.
- Tap the Take a Practice Test tile on the checklist.
- Watch the short video for some tips on how to be successful in your practice test.
- Once you’ve watched the video and you're ready to continue to the practice test, tap the Start test button. You’ll review instructions on how to share your microphone and screen, and then the test will start.
Please make sure you have at least 10 minutes available to focus on your practice test.
During the test
Carefully review the scenario and make sure to adopt the mindset of what you’ll be doing. In other words, as you read the test instructions try to imagine that you're actually interested in what you've been asked to do.
You’ll complete a set of tasks that require you to explore our Contributor Support Center. You should approach the test as if you had visited the Support Center on your own and you'd like to find new information or answers to questions you have about UserTesting.
Remember to think out loud, speak loudly and clearly, and complete each task to the best of your ability.
After the test
- Once you submit your practice test, it'll be ready for review by our Quality Team!
- We'll carefully review your test and then let you know about the results of your application in a couple of days. So keep an eye on your inbox!
You can also view the status of your practice test from the applicant checklist. While your test is still under review, it’ll be marked as In Review on your checklist.
- When the Quality Team has reviewed and approved your practice test, this step will be marked as Done on your checklist.
NOTE: If you don't pass the practice test the first time, you'll have a second chance to try again.