UserTesting is a great way to earn a few extra dollars on the side. On average, most contributors take one or two tests per week.
The number of available tests is growing every day; you can receive a test at any time, on any day of the week. However, the number of opportunities you receive fluctuates daily and largely depends on the customers' needs. You may or may not qualify for tests based on your demographic profile and background.
Here are some tips to increase your chances of receiving new tests:
- Stay logged in on your dashboard. You'll hear a sound notification when a new test is available. We also send you emails of available tests.
- Aim for a 5-star rating. Higher ratings improve the chances of receiving new tests. Make sure you meet the requirements, speak loudly and clearly, follow task instructions, and share your honest feedback. To learn more, review these top tips for a successful test.
- Pay attention to the blue highlighted area above your dashboard. Fill out the surveys to qualify for more tests.
- Keep your profile up-to-date. When your profile is complete and accurate, we can better match you with available tests.
- Temporarily disable any third-party software. This software might cause issues with our screen recorder or customers’ websites and apps. It might also impact how our security systems evaluate your account.
To avoid these issues, we recommend that you:
- Disable computer and browser VPNs
- Don’t use third-party network proxies
- To access proxy settings on Chrome, enter chrome://settings/?search=proxy in the URL field in Chrome
- Follow the steps to change your proxy settings on macOS
- Follow the steps to change your proxy settings
- Turn off ad blockers
- Temporarily turn off anti-virus software
We ask our customers to rate videos based on how helpful they are. Above is the rating scale that our customers use.
Remember that we want you to be successful. Our Quality Team reviews all 1- or 2-star-rated tests to make sure that customers’ ratings are fair.