All payments are sent in US Dollars via PayPal, 7 days after the time you complete a test.
If you’re looking for more information about an individual payment, you can always view the status of your payment from your test history.
If it’s been more than 7 days since you completed the test and you still don’t see your payment, then please check the following:
- Did your test upload successfully?
- Was your payment canceled?
- Is your PayPal email spelled correctly?
- Did you confirm your email when you set up your PayPal account?
- Is your PayPal account in good standing?
Did your test upload successfully?
Open your Test history and look for your test. You can select the test to check the status of your payment, the payment amount, the scheduled payment date, and the date and time that your test was uploaded.
If you can’t find your test, this most likely means that the customer didn’t receive it. Unfortunately, we're unable to provide payment for tests that don't reach our customers.
To make sure your test uploads next time, try these troubleshooting steps.
Was your payment canceled?
We might cancel your payment if we determine that you didn't properly complete the test. Some reasons for payment cancellation include:
- Not completing tasks or following the customer's instructions
- Providing false information in a screener in order to qualify for a test
If we canceled your payment, you can view the reason from your dashboard.
Just open your Test history, select the test, and review the comments under the Review and feedback section.
Is your PayPal email spelled correctly?
If your PayPal email contains an error, then your payment won't reach you. Follow these steps to check your PayPal email:
From a computer:
- Open your dashboard menu, and click Settings.
- Once you're on the Settings page, scroll to the Edit PayPal email section.
- Review the email address listed under Current PayPal account to make sure that your email is accurate.
If you notice that the wrong email address is listed, please update your PayPal email address.
From a mobile device:
1. Open the UserTesting app.
2. Tap the Test history tab.
3. Then tap on your test to view the Test details.
4. Review the PayPal email on the Test details screen to make sure that the email is accurate.
Did you confirm your email when you set up your PayPal account?
You need to confirm your PayPal email in order to receive payments. After your PayPal account is confirmed, you should see the payment from UserTesting on your account.
Is your PayPal account in good standing?
If your PayPal account is limited or PayPal has placed your payment on hold, the Payment status for your test will be Held by PayPal. You need to resolve this before you can receive your payment.
Please check your PayPal account to find out why there are limits on your account or why your payment is on hold. PayPal will send you an email with any updates about your account, so we also suggest checking your inbox.
It may help to verify your account. Unverified accounts have limits on how much money they can receive per month. Keep in mind PayPal Verification usually takes 2-3 business days in the United States and 4-6 business days outside the United States.
If your account is Verified and still limited, follow the steps listed in PayPal's help article.
If you don’t hear from PayPal within 3 business days, we suggest that you call the Resolution Department at 1-888-221-1161 or 1-402-935-2050, if you’re calling from outside the U.S.
If you're located in India, please refer to the steps provided by PayPal in this article for how to confirm your account.
After you resolve your issue and your PayPal account is in good standing, tap the Contact Support button under your test details to request that the payment be resent.