Please keep the following in mind in order to submit a helpful and insightful mobile test:
- Before you accept a test, be sure you have available space on your phone and a reliable Wi-Fi connection nearby. UserTesting recommends that you have at least 400MB of free space on your device to store your recording. It's okay if you don't have Wi-Fi while you are taking your test, but be sure to connect back to a Wi-Fi network for the upload after you complete your test, or you may experience uploading issues. You may not be paid if the customer can't watch your video.
- Read all the instructions very carefully. This refers to the tasks you see while you are recording, the scenario, the download instructions, and any emails you receive regarding the test. If you rush into a recording, you might miss vital information about the test which could result in an incomplete test.
- Close out of as many apps as you can before you begin your test. Running many apps in the background can slow down your phone and drain your battery quickly, so please close out of any unnecessary apps so that you can focus on your test.
- If at first you don't succeed, try again...but not again and again. Sometimes, you might get an error when downloading an unreleased app or opening up a prototype. When that happens, try to refresh or repeat the process at least one more time. If you get the same error twice, go ahead and report a problem.
- Be aware of your environment. Please do not test in an environment with traffic noises, loud conversations, or TV or music playing in the background. Your microphone amplifies all kinds of sounds you make in your home, and it can ruin the integrity of your feedback. If you are interrupted during a test, remember to tap the pause icon until you are ready to resume. Please also be aware of where your microphone is located on your device. If you cover your microphone, we may not be able to hear your feedback.
Didn’t quite find what you were looking for? Take 5 minutes to complete this survey and let us know how we can make this article better.