In this article, you'll learn how to allow the Seamless Desktop Recorder to capture your screen and access your microphone and camera.
Before you get started, you’ll need to make sure your computer meets our minimum system requirements.
To set up the Seamless Desktop Recorder, watch this video or follow the instructions below:
The Quick setup screens will guide you through the process of turning on the required permissions:
- On this screen, click the Share access button.
- On the prompt that appears, click Allow so that the recorder can access your computer’s microphone and camera.
- On the next page, select the screen you’d like to share. Make sure you’re viewing the screen options under the “Your Entire Screen” tab, and then click the image of your screen. Once you’ve made your selection, click Share.
📌 Make sure you've selected your entire screen. If you’re using more than one monitor, you should select the screen where you’ll be completing your test.
- Review the screen you selected in the previous step. Confirm your selection is correct and that you can see the entire screen. If you’ve selected the wrong screen or realize you can’t see your entire screen, click on the Reset sharing button. Otherwise, click Next.
📌 Mac users: After sharing your screen, you’ll need to allow some extra permissions before you can continue.
- (OPTIONAL) If a customer invites you to complete a Face Recording test, you’ll need to set up your camera. Use the drop-down menu to select your input device (such as your built-in webcam or an external webcam).
📌 Mac users: You may need to turn on some extra permissions before you can continue with this step.
- Complete the microphone check by reading the sentence aloud. This will ensure we can hear your feedback loudly and clearly. If you’re using an external microphone, make sure it’s plugged in to avoid any errors.
- Click Next to finish the recorder setup. Once you've completed these steps, you'll see screens with instructions on how to use the seamless recorder during your test.