As a UserTesting Contributor, taking tests is a fun way to earn extra cash by giving feedback to companies that want to improve their experiences and products.
To make sure companies can trust this feedback, there are measures in place to actively monitor activity on the UserTesting platform. The happier customers are with the feedback they receive, the more likely they are to offer Contributors new opportunities to earn extra cash in the future.
There are many security solutions set up to monitor the Contributor Network, and sometimes changes to these solutions can unintentionally affect Contributors who provide high-quality feedback. If you believe you've been affected by these changes, here are a few things to try:
- Disable computer and browser VPNs
- Do not use third-party network proxies
- To access proxy settings on Chrome, enter chrome://settings/?search=proxy in the URL field in Chrome
- Follow the steps to change your proxy settings on macOS
- Follow the steps to change your proxy settings
- Turn off ad blockers
Disable private or incognito browsing in your browser
- Some anti-virus software may also have an impact on how our security systems evaluate your account and may cause issues
- Ensure your profile is up-to-date
- Make sure your profile location matches where you’re logging in from - we do not recommend testing outside of your home country.
Your device and browser settings are monitored each time you log into UserTesting. If your account is flagged because of VPNs, ad blockers, etc., it can take up to a week for it to reset once you change your computer or browser settings and log back in. In other words, tests can take up to a week to reappear once you’ve fixed the issue.
If you’re still experiencing problems, please reach out to support for additional assistance.