If you've been invited to participate in a Live Conversation, you'll want to download Zoom and familiarize yourself with the program ahead of time.
- What are the system requirements for Zoom?
- Where can I download Zoom?
- How do I share my screen?
- Which audio option do I select?
- How do I give or request keyboard or mouse control?
- My camera isn't working on Mac. What do I do?
- My camera isn't working on Windows. What do I do?
- Additional Resources
What are the requirements for Zoom?
You can review Zoom's system requirements in the Zoom help center:
Zoom System requirements for iOS, iPadOS, and Android
Zoom system requirements for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Where can I download Zoom?
You can download Zoom for your computer here.
If you need to download Zoom on a mobile device, navigate to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and search for "Zoom".
How do I share my screen?
To share your screen in a Zoom meeting on a computer, click the green "Share Screen" icon in the middle of the Zoom toolbar at the bottom of the meeting window.
You'll be prompted to select the screen you want to share. We recommend sharing your entire desktop in case you need to switch between different applications.
When you're done sharing your screen, click the red Stop Share button on the Zoom tool bar.
To share your screen, tap the Share Content icon in the Zoom toolbar, and select Screen from the list that pops up.
Once you tap Screen, your Control Center will pop up. Tap Zoom in the list, tap to turn on your microphone, and then tap Start Broadcast to start sharing your screen to Zoom.
To stop sharing your screen, tap the red icon that says Stop Share, or tap the red bar at the top of your screen if you don't have the Zoom app open.
To share your screen, tap the Share icon in the Zoom tool bar, and select Screen from the list that pops up.
The customer can now see the activity on your screen, as indicated by this icon. You can stop sharing by tapping on the right side of this icon.
Which audio option do I select?
When joining a Zoom meeting, you'll be prompted to select which audio option you'd like to use.
When prompted to choose an audio option, select the Join With Computer Audio option. You may also need to allow access to your microphone or camera, if prompted.
When prompted to choose an audio option, select the Call using internet audio option. You may also need to allow access to your microphone or camera, if prompted.
How do I give or request keyboard or mouse control?
1. Join the meeting with a PC, Mac, or iPad device.
2. The person sharing their screen must be on a PC or MAC.
How to request remote control from someone who is sharing their screen:
- Once the other person has started sharing, locate the toolbar menu drop-down at the top middle of your Zoom window. (i.e. "You are viewing Michael Mariscal's screen")
- From the View Options menu, select Request remote control. This will then send the other person sharing a notification asking whether or not they will allow you to control their screen.
How to give remote control of your screen while sharing:
While sharing your screen, you can give remote control to another contributor in the meeting. Click Remote Control and select the contributor you would like to give control to.
To regain control over your mouse and keyboard, simply click anywhere on your screen.
My camera isn't working on Mac. What do I do?
Make sure that any other programs that have access to your camera are closed. You may need to restart your computer to ensure that the camera is not being used by another application.
My camera isn't working on Windows. What do I do?
- Make sure that any other programs that have access to your camera are closed. You may need to restart your computer to ensure that the camera is not being used by another application.
- Visit your camera device's Support or Downloads page and download the latest driver for your camera device.