In certain cases, customers are now allowed to use the video conferencing software of their choice with Live Conversation. The process to accept a Live Conversation will not change, but when you join, you might be asked to install additional video conferencing software.
How this works:
Accepting and Scheduling a Live Conversation remains largely the same.
1. When a Live Conversation session becomes available on your dashboard, you will need to accept the session on the dashboard and pass the screeners.
2. Once you pass the screeners, you will be sent to the calendar to select a time when you are available for the interview.
3. Once you have selected a time, you will be sent a confirmation email for the interview. With these interviews, you will notice that we do not provide instructions to download Zoom. However, there might be additional notes provided by the customer about what video conferencing software they would like you to use.
Getting ready to join an interview:
1. 15 minutes before the scheduled time of the interview, you will be able to join the interview through a “Start setup & Join” link on the UserTesting dashboard.
2. When you click “Start setup & Join”, you will be brought to a new page. On that page there will be a “Join Interview” button. The button will be activated once the customer joins the interview.
3. At this time, there might be additional information required to participate in the interview, ie: downloading the software required for the interview or any passwords that are required to join my meeting, it will be available at this time. Please follow the instructions that the customer provides.
4. Once you join the meeting, this will be like any other Live Conversation. Like all Live Conversations, the customer might ask you to turn on your webcam or share your screen
- Remember to arrive 15 minutes before the session, as these interviews might require you to set up a new video conferencing software, or enter in credentials before the interview.
- You will notice that the screener for these interviews will ask to download or use software that the customer recommends. If you are not comfortable with joining these sessions, please decline at this time.
- Please review any emails you receive regarding these Live Conversations, as they may contain instructions on how to prepare for your meetings in advance.