After you’ve reviewed our audio troubleshooting tips, do a quick test recording to confirm everything's working on your end. We recommend recording yourself speaking for at least 30 seconds, so we can make sure you're all set for testing.
Follow these steps to complete a test recording:
- Visit https://screenpal.com/screen-recorder. No need to sign up for an account—just click Launch free recorder.
- The screen recorder will automatically download to your computer.
- Click the downloaded file to install the screen recorder.
- If you're using a Windows computer: Continue to the next step.
If you're using a Mac computer: Complete the steps in the ScreenPal Installer to set up the screen recorder.
- The screen recorder will automatically open, and you should see the ScreenPal widget. On the widget, make sure you've selected the Screen option and set the Size to Fullscreen.
- Check the audio meter next to Narration. The meter should move as you speak to let you know your mic is working as expected.
If you're using a Mac computer: You may need to make changes to your Privacy & Security settings to allow ScreenPal to access your microphone. Please note you will have to restart ScreenPal to apply these changes.
- When you're ready to start recording, click REC (the recording button) and a countdown will begin. Remember to record yourself speaking for at least 30 seconds.
- Once you've recorded yourself speaking for at least 30 seconds, click the pause button to stop the recording.
- Click the play button to review your recording and make sure everything looks and sounds good.
- When you're happy with the recording, click Done to save the file to your computer.
- Click Save/Upload.
- A preview of your recording will appear. Click Save as Video File.
- Select Browse to choose a folder on your computer where you want to download the recording. If you'd like to rename your recording so you can easily find it, you can make those changes here too.
- Click Publish to download the recording, and wait until the download is complete.
- Use our form to send your recording as a file attachment to our Support team. The team will review it and get back to you as soon as possible!