If you're using a Mac computer, you’ll need to make changes to your security settings to allow screen recording and microphone access for our recorder. Use the troubleshooting tips in this article if you're having trouble making changes to your permission settings and recording your screen.
- Find out if your Mac meets our system requirements
- Check your permission settings
- Reset the screen recording permission
Find out if your Mac meets our system requirements
- Operating system: OS X 10.15 or higher
- Chrome, Firefox, Edge
- Safari (current version only)
- Upload speed: At least 3.0 Mbps
- Maximum screen resolution: 1920x1080
- Screen ratio: 16:9
Check your permission settings
Make sure you've followed the steps to allow microphone and screen permissions.
Reset the screen recording permission
If you've already allowed your browser to record your screen, you might need to remove the screen recording permission and then add it again.
To reset the screen recording permission:
- Open System Preferences, and then click Security & Privacy. You may need to enter your administrator password to make any changes.
- Select the Screen Recording option from the menu.
- Select the web browser you're using to complete your test (e.g. Google Chrome).
- Deselect your web browser. This will look different depending on your OS. For example, you may need to uncheck the browser or toggle the permission off.
- Click Quit & Reopen to close and restart your browser.
- Go back to your System Preferences, and select your web browser.
- Click Quit & Reopen to close and restart your browser again.
- Once you've completed these steps and restarted your browser, you should be able to complete your test.