When your test is interrupted, our system will automatically look for a new contributor to complete the session. This means you won't be able to return to the test, and there may be a message on your dashboard that the test is still in progress.
These types of interruptions could include:
- A browser or computer crash
- A network interruption or outage
- Closing the recorder or browser during the test
- Closing the test browser tab mid-test
- Leaving the browser for an extended period of time
- Quitting the mobile app
When your test is interrupted, our system may not realize that you've left the session. For this reason, it may take up to 90 minutes for the "Test in progress" message to clear from your dashboard. Once this time has passed, the system will automatically release your account so you can take another test.
- What should I do if the message doesn't clear my dashboard after 90 minutes?
- Will I still be paid for the test?
- How can I prevent this from happening?
What should I do if the message doesn't clear my dashboard after 90 minutes?
For computers, we recommend that you clear your browser's cache.
For mobile devices, we suggest closing the app completely and then reopening it. On Android devices, this will trigger an automatic check for all failed uploads and an attempt to upload the video again.
Will l still be paid for the test?
Unfortunately, we're unable to provide payments for tests that don't reach the customer, but we hope you have a better experience on your next test.
How can I prevent this from happening?
Before you accept another test, you should check that your device meets our minimum system requirements:
- Minimum system requirements for tests on Google Chrome
- Minimum system requirements for tests on all other web browsers
- Minimum system requirements for iOS
- Minimum system requirements for Android
If you're using a computer:
- Update your browser to the most current version.
- Temporarily disable any antivirus or VPN software. These can keep your uploads from reaching us.
- Use a wired internet connection.
- Close all those other applications you have running. This includes any background applications and any additional browser windows or tabs that are not UserTesting-related.
If you're using a mobile device:
- Close all other apps and streaming services running in the background.
- Pause all app downloads and updates.
- Stay as close as possible to your WiFi router.
- Keep your device plugged in and your battery above 20%.
- Make sure your upload speed is at least 3 Mbps. Check your upload speed.