We want to make sure you're rewarded for your time and feedback, so review these FAQs to learn how to receive and track your payments.
- How do I receive payments?
- What about taxes?
- How much will I be paid?
- When will I be paid?
- How can I view my payment history?
- The customer said I would receive a bonus payment. How does this work?
- How do I receive payments for Live Conversation tests?
- What if I need to change my PayPal email address?
- Why was my payment canceled?
How do I receive payments?
All contributors receive payments through PayPal. You must have a verified PayPal account that is in good standing, in order to receive payments.
What about taxes?
UserTesting doesn't withhold any taxes from your payments. As a contributor, you're responsible for managing any tax liabilities you might incur from payments you receive.
How much will I be paid?
Reward amounts will vary depending on factors like customer demand, the test type, and even the type of tasks the customer asks you to complete during the test.
You can always find how much you’ll get paid for any test on your test feed. Just look for the payment amount on the test invite.
When will I be paid?
Payment is sent 7 days after a test is completed. Occasionally, PayPal has 24-48 hour delays on payments, so please wait an extra 48 hours before contacting support about a payment issue.
How can I view my payment history?
This information includes details about each test you’ve completed, such as:
- The date and time that your test was uploaded
- Your test session number
- The payment amount and scheduled payment date
- Any available rating or feedback
To view your payment history, follow these steps:
- Select the Test history tab, and then click on your test to view more details.
From a computer:
From the UserTesting mobile app:
The customer said I would receive a bonus payment. How does this work?
Occasionally, a customer might offer you a bonus for completing a longer test or a multi-part study. If a customer promises a bonus, the payment is usually updated 10-11 days after the test is completed. This is because customers need time to watch the videos and decide if they're satisfied with the test.
Please wait to contact the Support Team about your bonus until 12 days after your test. At this point, we can contact the customer and post bonuses for tests that you've successfully completed.
How do I receive payments for Live Conversation tests?
Payment for your successful Live Conversation tests will be deposited into your PayPal account within 7 days of completing your test. These are manual payments sent by the Facilitator who scheduled your test. Since the payments are processed and sent on the same day, you might not see this show up as a "Pending" payment. If you have any questions about your payment, please contact the Support team.
What if I need to change my PayPal email address?
Remember that payments are sent automatically, 7 days after you complete a test. If you change your PayPal email after payment is sent, that payment will be sent to your previous PayPal email.
Why was my payment canceled?
If you submit an incomplete test, your payment will be canceled. These will appear as Void in your Completed Tests tab. Here are some reasons why your payment may be canceled:
- You didn't meet the customer’s requirements. Although the tests that become available to you are filtered to meet your general demographics, some customers will post screeners or special requirements such as, “must be a Facebook user” or “must be a small business owner”. If you do not meet those requirements, you will not be paid.
- You didn't complete all of the tasks. A customer might require you to do 10 different tasks on their site. If you do not complete all of the tasks required, your test will be incomplete.
- Your video recording was short and superficial. On average, our customers expect a 15-minute recording and they are asked to structure their tasks so they can reasonably be completed in this amount of time. We understand that some tests may have minimal tasks. In these cases, if you still have time after thoroughly addressing the tasks, you could explore the site further, recap any problems found, or write a very thorough summary.
- You didn't complete the Written Summary. A completed test is composed of both the Video Review and the Written Summary. When a Written Summary has not been submitted, you will see a highlighted message at the top of your account page letting you know which tests are missing written responses. Click the blue test number link to open the form and submit your responses. If you are unable to post your Written Summary, please submit a support request.