We want to make sure you're rewarded for your time and feedback, so review these FAQs to learn how to receive and track your payments.
- How do I receive payments?
- What about taxes?
- How much will I be paid?
- When will I be paid?
- How can I view my payment history?
- How do I receive payments for Live Conversation tests?
- What if I need to change my PayPal email address?
- Why was my payment canceled?
How do I receive payments?
All contributors receive payments through PayPal. You must have a verified PayPal account in good standing, to receive payments.
What about taxes?
We don't withhold any taxes from your payments. As a contributor, you're responsible for managing any tax liabilities you might incur from payments you receive.
How much will I be paid?
Reward amounts will vary depending on factors like customer demand, the test type, and even the type of tasks the customer asks you to complete during the test.
You can always find how much you’ll get paid for any test on your test feed. Just look for the payment amount on the test invite.
When will I be paid?
Payments from UserTesting are sent via PayPal usually 14 days after you complete a test.
How can I view my payment history?
This information includes details about each test you’ve completed, such as:
- The date and time that your test was uploaded
- Your test session number
- The payment amount and scheduled payment date
- Any available rating or feedback
To view your payment history, select the Test history tab and then your test to view more details.
From a computer:
From the UserTesting mobile app:
How do I receive payments for Live Conversation tests?
You should receive your Live Conversation payment within 14 days of completing your test. These are manual payments sent by the Facilitator who scheduled your test. Since the payments are processed and sent on the same day, you might not see this show up as a "Pending" payment. If you have any questions about your payment, please contact the Support team.
What if I need to change my PayPal email address?
Why was my payment canceled?
If you submit an incomplete test, the customer may cancel your payment. Canceled payments appear as Void in your Test History.
TIP: You can learn more about different payment statuses in our Payment Status Glossary.
Here are some reasons why your payment may be canceled:
- You didn't meet the customer’s requirements. Although the tests that become available to you are filtered to meet your general demographics, some customers will post screeners or special requirements such as, “must be a Facebook user” or “must be a small business owner”. If you do not meet those requirements, you will not be paid.
- You didn't complete all of the tasks. A customer might require you to do 10 different tasks on their site. If you do not complete all the required tasks, your test will be incomplete.
- Your video recording was short and superficial. On average, our customers expect a 15-minute recording, and we ask them to structure their tasks so they can reasonably be completed in this amount of time. We understand that some tests may have minimal tasks. In these cases, if you still have time after thoroughly addressing the tasks, you could explore the site further, recap any problems found, or write a very thorough summary.
- You didn't complete the Written Summary. A completed test includes both the video review and the Written Summary. When a Written Summary has not been submitted, you will see a highlighted message at the top of your account page letting you know which tests are missing written responses. Click the blue test number link to open the form and submit your responses. If you are unable to post your Written Summary, please submit a support request.