- How to grant microphone permission to the UserTesting Browser Recorder
- How to grant camera permission to take Face Recording tests
- How to reset permissions
How to grant microphone permission to the UserTesting Browser Recorder
In order to take tests, you need to grant microphone access to our recorder. You’ll be prompted to grant microphone access the first time you use our recorder in your browser. To grant access, click "Allow" on the message in the top-left of your browser window:
If you accidentally click Block, or if you need to reset your permissions at any time, follow the steps listed here.
How to grant camera permission for Face Recording tests
If you choose to participate in Face Recording tests, you'll need to grant the UserTesting Browser Recorder access to your camera.
To grant camera access, click Allow when prompted to do so in the top-left corner of your browser window:
Once you do this, you should see the Camera Check populate with your camera's image. For more information about Face Recording tests, read here.
How to reset permissions
If you need to reset your permissions, you can do so in your browser settings by following the steps below at any time.
1. Click the three dots in the top-right of your browser window, and navigate to Settings.
2. In your Settings, scroll down and click Site Settings in the Privacy and security section.
3. Under Permissions, click Camera or Microphone.
4. Click the arrow next to UserTesting.
5. Change your Microphone or Camera preferences from Block to Allow.
Thank you for taking the time to learn how to give microphone and camera permission to the UserTesting Browser Recorder. Happy testing!